Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, March 13, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting:  March 13, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman, , Stacy Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Mark Schoolman, Larry Odebrecht, Sean Flaherty

Minutes Drafted By:  David Walters

Next Meeting: March 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 7:00 PM

  1. Treasury report
    1. $2030 unallocated funds
    2. FOS goal has been reached.
    3. Brian D. presented the historical donations for the Troop to the VFW, awaiting news.  May need someone from the Troop to represent. (discuss at April council meeting)
  2. PLC easy button
    1. Larry proposing some improvements to using our website and Scout book to make communications easier for Parents
      1. There was support, to discuss further next meeting.
  3. Merit Badge counselors List
    1. Larry gathered several missing troop members from the council list.  Forms are available on the northerntier website.
    2. Larry to compile the missing required badges for the parents of the troop and ask parents to select the ones we want to cover and send the request to committee chair for  us to compile and submit. ACTION ITEM.
  4. Gray Wolf
    1. Need to nominate two grey wolf attendees and backups – send the list to Larry to submit
      1. John Franklin has expressed interest (crew rep)
      2. Jacob Odebrecht – Alternate
      3. Joey Casale – Troop rep (by unanimous vote)
      4. ?
  5. Sea Base
    1. Adventure awarded, Keys Adventure for June 23 – 29
    2. Need to estimate the flights and other costs to align on the payment schedule.
    3. Need to collect an additional $100 by April 1
    4. Call group reservations (sun country)
  6. Galena
    1. Permission slips are out
    2. Need to get drivers assigned ACTION ITEM:  Erin McDonald to send out request
  7. Scouting for food (drop of the food on Sat. April 24th)
  8. Service Project management.
    1. Pass out flyers for the Adam Mcleod Foundations (Date TBD)
    2. Clear the tables at Lift Bridge organ donation fund raiser (april 20)
  9. Planning Conference
    1. Everything secured  – 
    2. Need Drivers / Adults – ACTION ITEMS:  Erin to send out requests.
    3. Permission slip sent.  ACTION ITEM: Larry to send email update to meet at the scout building rather than Bethlehem Lutheran.
  10. Meeting Ajourned at: 8:05
Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, February 13

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, February 13, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting:  February 13, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman,  Bradly Peterson, Stacey Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Mark Schoolman, Jenny Schoolman, Larry Odebrecht, Chris Nubern, Sean Flaherty

Minutes Drafted By:  David Walters

Next Meeting: March 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 7:15 PM

  1. Treasury report
    1. We have money, ~$1990.00
  2. Calendar review
  3. Klondike derby
      1. We only made $8 on the troop side of the balance sheet
      2. Seemed well organized with compliments.
  4. Barkers Alps Feb 20th – watch for safety concerns, normal troop meeting time.
  5. Court of honor Feb 27 – Taco Bar Bash
    1. Alex doing dessert
    2. Stacy and Jenny to bring/cook meet
    3. Jay Twohy – MC (get David Walters to get Communication Merit badge started)
  6. Rothchild and Strand awards –
  7. Scout book update – Larry O.
    1. Driven by Council to use a new website to log advancements
    2. Also reviewing the calendaring function.  Looking for feedback.
    3. Also beta testing the online permission slip templates.
  8. Seabase update
    1. 2 crews registered
    2. Required meeting on feb 27 to collect all deposits.
  9. Fish Fry volunteer status –  Feb 23, Mar 2, Mar 9
    1. Need a sign up sheet – Erin MacDonald (sent via email and at court of honor)
    2. Chris to call Bryan DeLisle to determine the best way to ask for another donation.
  10. Wisc. Dells – Feb 16 – 18, 2018
    1. We have 10 scouts, but only 8 seats.  
        1. Need another parent and vehicle
        2. Rent a vehicle that can tow  ** (reserved for now, Chris to send email to parents of scouts attending to find another parent)
        3. Rent a vehicle and have Larry O. tow the scout trailer.
    2. Chula Vista $29.95 per person,
        1. Chris to check with resort to see if there will be room for the scouts.
    3. Bryant scout reservation made ($245) $200 security deposit due on arrival
    4. Need permission slip due by 2/6,  
    5. $110 per person, two meals paid for, boys are on their own for lunch at the water park.
    6. Leave by 6 pm Friday 2/16, return Sunday by 2 pm
  11. Planning Conference, April 6 – 8
    1. Accommodations secured
    2. Still looking for activity and dinner options (Bradley Peterson) 
    3. Larry O. to follow up on reservations
  12. Feed my Starving Children – March 6
    1. Need to reserve now for 20 people – Bradley Peterson
    2. Email to follow up sent 2/13
  13. Adjourned: 8:19 pm
Event Information

Second Sunday Supper – March 11th

Troop 113,

The following Scouts are signed up for Second Sunday Supper:
Joey D.
Patrick G.
Eric N.
John F.
Please arrive at Bethlehem Lutheran Church no later than 4:30pm Sunday March 11th.
Class A uniforms required.
Yours in Scouting,
Dennis
Uncategorized

Update on Troop 113

Hey All,

Just a quick note to update you on our boys.
Troop 113 Pride!
First, let me just say how proud I am of our boys.  Last night, we packed 25(ish) boxes of food for starving and malnourished kids all over the world.  That works out to be 5400 meals.  Not only that, but we were CLEARLY the fastest group at packing these thanks to some great teamwork and communication.  It was fast paced, fun, and there was a lot of shouting (in the best way).  I’ve included some pictures below (the one with the boxes is a voluntary prayer over the food that we packed).
Upcoming Events
I don’t want to recap the Totem Pole here, but there are a couple of upcoming events that I want to highlight.
  • Fish Fry – I believe (as of today) we have enough participants.  This is for our chartering org so it’s an important one for us.  They boys will get food there.
  • Planning Trip – This is a mandatory activity as it sets the planning for the year.  We have a secret destination that the adults (bears) have planned for the boys.  I’m super excited about this years destination.
As previously mentioned, council has presented us with some new technology that we are in the process of adopting.  This is going to be a change, but on net a good one.  I’m going to start sending invites out to you and I believe it will help not only see what we have going on, but offer some transparency into what the boys need to do to advance in the troop (something that I personally have struggled with).  If you would like to add your son (we have set it up so that it is your choice) you simply need to go into their profile and add their email address.  We are looking for feedback on this tool, so thanks in advance for your candor.
Yours in Scouting,
Larry
Uncategorized

Fish Fry

We still need a few volunteers for our Fish Fry on Friday.  Please reach out if you are available.

Thanks!
Larry
Northern Tier 2018

Northern Tier Initial Meeting Recap

Hello all,

As of now the tentative date for our shakedown trip is June 22nd through the 24th.  Please check right away to make sure you are available this weekend.

I created a quick Google Form with the fields required for each participant on the official roster.  I would like to have that completed by March 31st so that I can submit it, and get it out of the way.
The form is available at: https://goo.gl/forms/O1DB2aivIXesSgZj1

At least one adult in our group must have completed following BSA e-certifications: Weather Hazards, Safety Afloat, and Safe Swim Defense.  Information on the courses can be found at the bottom of the following page:  https://www.scouting.org/training/adult/

I did go back and clarify the fishing pole restrictions.  Under Optional Crew Gear on page 26 of the Advisors Planning Guide, part two, it says “Crews are allowed 1-2 poles per crew”.
 
As of now, I have dumped most of the relevant information about the trip on Troop 113’s website at http://bayporttroop113.org/northerntier/ .  Below I have included direct links to some of the PDFs I mentioned earlier tonight.

Thanks,
Max
**Phone Number Retracted**

2018-19 Advisors Planning Guide (Part 1)
http://bayporttroop113.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018_19_Advisors_PlanningGuide_Part1.pdf

2018-19 Advisors Planning Guide (Part 2 Ely)
http://bayporttroop113.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018_19_Advisors_Planning_Guide_Part_2_Ely.pdf

Northern Tier Equipment List


Dietary Restriction Notification Card – If you have a need, we need to submit a Dietary Restriction Notification Card no later than 45 days prior to our arrival.
Event Information

Fish Fry

We will need volunteers for Friday. They were short staffed last Friday and they were hoping that we would have more this week. We will get the five to six boys we need tonight.

Thanks

Uncategorized

Fish Fry

We have one more fish fry this week.  Would love to get six boys involved.  Time and location is the same.

Friendly reminder, that tonight we’re doing the Personal Management Merit Badge from 6:15 to 7:15 (this badge is one of the tougher ones and most appropriate for older boys – but all are welcome).  At 7:15 we’ll start loading up for FMSC.
Thanks!
Larry
Administrative

2018 Friends of Scouting campaign

For those of you who donated on line, please let me know what team you donated to.

For those of you who would like to donate on line, please make your donation to:

Great Rivers Troop (9) 113

Thanks, Joe : – )

Event Information

Fish Fry – Tomorrow

All,

Sorry for the multiple emails today.  I did NOT receive any additional sign-ups for the Fish Fry tomorrow at the Legion.  The event if from 4:30 to 7:00 pm.
Are there 6 boys who’d like to help and get some Service Hours for their next rank advancement?
Thanks!
Larry