Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, April 10, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, April 10, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Kristin Newton, Stacy Nelson, Mark Schoolman, Larry Odebrecht, Sean Flaherty, Jenny Schoolman, Bradley Peterson, Joe Reding

Minutes Drafted By:  Larry Odebrecht

Next Meeting: March 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 7:15 PM

  1. Treasury report
  1. We have money.
  2. Joe to send letter to VFW asking for $1000 for camperships.
  3. Brian D. presented the historical donations for the Troop to the VFW, awaiting news.  May need someone from the Troop to represent. (discuss at April council meeting)
  1. “Reding Rider” Van Appreciation – We all love the new van.
  2. Planning Conference Debrief
    1. Ideas went very smoothly and the process is working.
    2. Escape Room was a hit.
    3. Zorbball / Hamster ball night is a thing.
  3. Scheduling / Events
    1. Scouting for Food 4/24 – Joe has flyers
    2. Galena
      1. Larry, Jenny, Larry, Kristin are adults (we should have enough vehicles)
      2. We need to decide about bringing flag for use of telescoping flags.
    3. Court of Honor
      1. Bear Training – Sean and Larry
      2. Food
        1. Pizza – $5 Pizza (need 18x) [who?]
        2. Kool-Aid™
        3. Mark / Jenny to bring dessert
      3. Mention Tomahawk at meeting
      4. Need a passport to go to Canada
    4. Tomahawk
      1. We have enough scouts
      2. All signed up for Aquatics – High Adventure
      3. Larry to come up Thursday Night
      4. Everyone needs to be done with NEW YPT before going
      5. Goal:  4 deep adult leadership
    5. Duluth Camping
      1. Beth to take point in scheduling at Indian Point campground (tent camping)
      2. Leave Friday and come back on Sunday.  Cycling for sure / fishing maybe
      3. Need permission slips
      4. Need 4 adults
    6. Canada trip
      1. Days = 4ish
      2. Plans to be determined.  Tubing on the river possible.
      3. Sean is taking point in planning camping
      4. Passports are a must
    7. Tree Planting
      1. Washington County Fairgrounds might have trees for us to plant.
      2. Need shovels
    8. Grey Wolf
    9. Support Services
      1. Do we have enough labor?
      2. Roles to Fill:
        1. None of the big ones
        2. Parent / Driving Coordinator – Erin McDonald
        3. Totem Pole (Beth) – Going well.  Sending Larry her totem pole stuff.  Joe to transition Tomahawk stuff.
        4. Medical Coordinator (Peggy) –
        5. Permission Slips – Kristin is struggling with the format and the emails.
    10. AMF – 4/20
  4. YPT
    1. All adult leaders should have the NEW YPT done by June 1
  5. Oher
    1. Joe has requested Fellowship Hall for the fall seasons
    2. Joe has reached out to Troy and Tyson’s father with Ripley stuff to encourage them to stay active
  6. Meeting Adjourned at: 8:30

 

Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, March 13, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting:  March 13, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman, , Stacy Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Mark Schoolman, Larry Odebrecht, Sean Flaherty

Minutes Drafted By:  David Walters

Next Meeting: March 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 7:00 PM

  1. Treasury report
    1. $2030 unallocated funds
    2. FOS goal has been reached.
    3. Brian D. presented the historical donations for the Troop to the VFW, awaiting news.  May need someone from the Troop to represent. (discuss at April council meeting)
  2. PLC easy button
    1. Larry proposing some improvements to using our website and Scout book to make communications easier for Parents
      1. There was support, to discuss further next meeting.
  3. Merit Badge counselors List
    1. Larry gathered several missing troop members from the council list.  Forms are available on the northerntier website.
    2. Larry to compile the missing required badges for the parents of the troop and ask parents to select the ones we want to cover and send the request to committee chair for  us to compile and submit. ACTION ITEM.
  4. Gray Wolf
    1. Need to nominate two grey wolf attendees and backups – send the list to Larry to submit
      1. John Franklin has expressed interest (crew rep)
      2. Jacob Odebrecht – Alternate
      3. Joey Casale – Troop rep (by unanimous vote)
      4. ?
  5. Sea Base
    1. Adventure awarded, Keys Adventure for June 23 – 29
    2. Need to estimate the flights and other costs to align on the payment schedule.
    3. Need to collect an additional $100 by April 1
    4. Call group reservations (sun country)
  6. Galena
    1. Permission slips are out
    2. Need to get drivers assigned ACTION ITEM:  Erin McDonald to send out request
  7. Scouting for food (drop of the food on Sat. April 24th)
  8. Service Project management.
    1. Pass out flyers for the Adam Mcleod Foundations (Date TBD)
    2. Clear the tables at Lift Bridge organ donation fund raiser (april 20)
  9. Planning Conference
    1. Everything secured  – 
    2. Need Drivers / Adults – ACTION ITEMS:  Erin to send out requests.
    3. Permission slip sent.  ACTION ITEM: Larry to send email update to meet at the scout building rather than Bethlehem Lutheran.
  10. Meeting Ajourned at: 8:05
Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, February 13

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, February 13, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting:  February 13, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman,  Bradly Peterson, Stacey Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Mark Schoolman, Jenny Schoolman, Larry Odebrecht, Chris Nubern, Sean Flaherty

Minutes Drafted By:  David Walters

Next Meeting: March 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 7:15 PM

  1. Treasury report
    1. We have money, ~$1990.00
  2. Calendar review
  3. Klondike derby
      1. We only made $8 on the troop side of the balance sheet
      2. Seemed well organized with compliments.
  4. Barkers Alps Feb 20th – watch for safety concerns, normal troop meeting time.
  5. Court of honor Feb 27 – Taco Bar Bash
    1. Alex doing dessert
    2. Stacy and Jenny to bring/cook meet
    3. Jay Twohy – MC (get David Walters to get Communication Merit badge started)
  6. Rothchild and Strand awards –
  7. Scout book update – Larry O.
    1. Driven by Council to use a new website to log advancements
    2. Also reviewing the calendaring function.  Looking for feedback.
    3. Also beta testing the online permission slip templates.
  8. Seabase update
    1. 2 crews registered
    2. Required meeting on feb 27 to collect all deposits.
  9. Fish Fry volunteer status –  Feb 23, Mar 2, Mar 9
    1. Need a sign up sheet – Erin MacDonald (sent via email and at court of honor)
    2. Chris to call Bryan DeLisle to determine the best way to ask for another donation.
  10. Wisc. Dells – Feb 16 – 18, 2018
    1. We have 10 scouts, but only 8 seats.  
        1. Need another parent and vehicle
        2. Rent a vehicle that can tow  ** (reserved for now, Chris to send email to parents of scouts attending to find another parent)
        3. Rent a vehicle and have Larry O. tow the scout trailer.
    2. Chula Vista $29.95 per person,
        1. Chris to check with resort to see if there will be room for the scouts.
    3. Bryant scout reservation made ($245) $200 security deposit due on arrival
    4. Need permission slip due by 2/6,  
    5. $110 per person, two meals paid for, boys are on their own for lunch at the water park.
    6. Leave by 6 pm Friday 2/16, return Sunday by 2 pm
  11. Planning Conference, April 6 – 8
    1. Accommodations secured
    2. Still looking for activity and dinner options (Bradley Peterson) 
    3. Larry O. to follow up on reservations
  12. Feed my Starving Children – March 6
    1. Need to reserve now for 20 people – Bradley Peterson
    2. Email to follow up sent 2/13
  13. Adjourned: 8:19 pm
Committee

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes, January 9, 2018

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting:  January 9, 2018

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman,  Bradly Peterson, Stacey Nelson, Brian

DeLisle, Peggy Franklin, Beth Twohy

Minutes Drafted By:  David Walters

Next Meeting: February 13, 2018

Meeting began at: 6:55 PM

  1. Fish Fry –  Dates for our volunteers needed, Brian DeLisle to verify this week
  2. Klondike –
    1. Joe getting soup,
    2. Stacey getting other food.
    3. Need to resolve the wrist rocket’s shortage  
  3. Wisc. Dells – Feb 16 – 18, 2018
    1. Chula Vista $29.95 per person,
    2. Bryant scout reservation made ($245) $200 security deposit due on arrival
    3. Need permission slip due by 2/6,  
    4. $110 per person, two meals paid for, boys are on their own for lunch at the water park.
    5. Leave by 6 pm Friday 2/16
  4. Snow Tubing – Feb 20 for snow tubing at badlands – Bradley Peterson to check on rate
  5. Planning Conference, April 6 – 8
    1. Accommodations secured
    2. Still looking for activity and dinner options
  6. Feed my Starving Children – March 6
    1. Need to reserve now for 20 people – Bradley Peterson
  7. Sea Base
    1. David to send out an email about the 2019 choice and offer up a second crew if it can be arranged by 1/20
  8. Adjourned: 7:41 pm
Committee

Troop council meeting minutes, December 12, 2017

Troop 113 Committee Meeting Minutes

 

Date of Meeting: December 12, 2017

Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman, Joe Reding, Chris Nubern, Bradly Peterson, Stacey Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Jim Franklin, Larry Odebrect

Minutes Drafted By: Jenny Schoolman

Next Meeting: January 9 th , 2018

1. Meeting began at: 6:55 PM

2. Treasures Report: We have money in the bank $2151.

3. Christmas camp:

We’re not sure how much we are under this year, but it may just be -$100. We forgot to put out the collection tray. We need to remember to do that next year. The food amount was less than last year, but was enough to feed everyone. We need to do Christmas carols next year. The Arrow of Light kids had a good time. We are reserved for next year.

4. Klondike:

The activities are planned: slack lining, pebble propellers, knot tying, bear grease melting, and tarp activity. We are having grilled cheese on sheep herders and tomato soup for lunch. We can borrow the sheep herders from camp. Klondike Derby is January 27th . We are responsible for pebble propellers and bear grease melting. Joe has what we need for bear grease melting. Joe might not be available Friday night to help. Joe will be getting the food. Permission slip to go out and be due January 2nd. We are to stay Friday night with the option to stay Saturday night. We are getting stocking caps for all the staff. There are 60 on order.

5. Wisconsin Dells: February 16 and 17th

Chule Vista is the only one that offers a day pass if you are not staying there. The cost is $29.95 per person. Freeland Leslie there isn’t any availability. Ed Bryant their Castle Rock Lodge building is available for a lodge house that only sleeps 12 people with other 2-4 person cabins that have electric heat. $200 a night for the lodge and $45 for the smaller cabins. We may only stay one night because of the cost. Beth to check into that cost.

6. Planning Conference: April 6-8 th

Being Planned –

7. Sea Base:

Dave Walters checking into interest for this. There is a meeting on Saturday, December 16th . This may occur 2018 but most likely 2019.

Adjourned: 8:01 pm

Committee

Troop council meeting minutes, November 14, 2017

Date of meeting:      November 14, 2017

Attendance:  , Jenny Schoolman, Mark Schoolman, Joe Reding, Steve Peleski,  Bradley Peterson, Kristen Newton, Stacey Nelson, Beth Twohy, Chris Nubern

 

Next Meeting:  December 12, 2017

 

  1. Meeting started at 7:22 pm
  2. Treasurers report:
    1. $2,030 not allocated at present time.
    2. Re-chartering registrations entered – a check was cut for $1,552
    3. Telephone and electric bills are allocated for the next 14 months
    4. $30 per scout allocated for the planning conference.
    5. Includes popcorn and pumpkin dollars are in the budget
  3. Re-Chartering:
    1. Completed re-chartering
    2. Troop size dropped by 5, Now at 23 scouts, 21 adults
    3. Chris looking to hand over the re-chartering process next year.
  4. Christmas Camp:
    1. Get Swanson Lodge reserved for Nov, 30 – Dec 2, Beth Twohy ; second choice would be the next weekend.
    2. Cooking Turkeys at Fred C. Hams and Turkey already purchased.
    3. Stacy will get the rest of the food.
  5. Citizen in the Community merit Badge
    1. Stillwater city council meeting next Tuesday, at 4:30PM, scouts
  6. Dodge Ball – location TBD, starting at Bethlehem Lutheran.
  7. Second Sunday Supper –
    1. covered for next time, thanks for the quick fill in last Sunday.
    2. Larry will need to grab the service hours log from Sean
  8. Klondike derby
    1. Who is hanging Targets?
    2. David Walters to drill holes in Targets, Joe to deliver.
    3. Call Ranger Rick for Sheep-Herders use – Noah Schoolman
    4. Older boys, Warrior patrol, will do the cooking
  9. Feb, 16 – 18, Water Park, Wisc. Dells
    1. need to research what water parks we can get into if we stay other places. Bradley
    2. Need to research scout camps to stay at. Beth Twohy
    3. Research by Christmas Camp
  10. Planning Conference:
    1. Discuss further at Xmas camp.
    2. Council to look into several options and bring to xmas camp
    3. April 6 – 8
  11. Action items from PLC:
    1. Have Max update the google calendar: 28, Laser tag, at PINZ.  Meet at Bethlehem Lutheran at 6:15, leave for PINZ at 6:30 return at 8:30.  Bring own money.
    2. Permission slip is due 11/21 and drivers for PINZ, Chris N. to send permission slip out
    3. New Scout next Tuesday from the Pack, Nick K, Nick W., and Joe will work with him on his arrow of light.
  12. Adjourned: 8:12 pm
Committee

Troop Council September 12, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Date of Meeting: September 12th, 2017
Attendance: Beth Twohy, Jenny Schoolman, Joe Reding, Chris Nubern, Bradly Peterson, Stacey Nelson, Brian DeLisle, Steve Poleski
Minutes Drafted By: Jenny Schoolman
Next Meeting: November 14th, 2017
1. Meeting began at: 7:10 PM
2. Treasures Report: We have money in the bank with a full report to come at the next PLC.
a. Noah’s Cabin campout had an overage. Each person will receive $10.50 refund into their camp fund.
b. Glacer trip had an extra $141. This money will be reallocated into the campership fund.
c. Jack’s Cabin made $203. Each person will receive $12.50 back into their camp fund.
d. $800 was paid to Northern Tier for a canoe trip next summer. This is a Crew event Dennis Dickinson is planning with a mix of 113 and 226.
3. Rechartering: This is coming up. Chris to work on this. Registration went up by $12 from the district. We will keep the fee the scouts pay, the same as last year and instead of the troop receiving $50 to cover costs, they will receive $38.
4. Popcorn: Sales start one week from Saturday. Joe has the forms and will hand September 19th.

Committee

Troop Council August 01, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Date of meeting:      Aug 01, 2017

Attendance:  Sean Flaherty, Jenny Schoolman, Mark Schoolman, Joe Reding, Steve Peleski, Peggy Franklin,  Amy Peterson, Kristen Newton, Jim Franklin, Stacey Nelson

 

Next Meeting:  September 12, 2017

 

  1. Meeting started at: 7:26 pm
  2. Treasurers report:
    1. $2,248 not allocated at present time.
    2. No details this month
  3. Tomahawk recap:
    1. 18 to 17 – one sick scout
    2. Learning lesson, glad we had 4 adults at all times, more better
    3. All merit badges transferred to Stacey to prepare for court of honor
  4. Movie Night August 8:
    1. Despicable Me 3. Meet at scout building normal time.
    2. Need permission slip, Kristen
    3. Erin needs to arrange for rides (steve has the message for her)
    4. $9 per, friends and siblings ok
  5. August Day Trip to Wild Mountain Aug 18:
    1. Leaving 9 am
    2. Pack a lunch
    3. Dinner at Root Beer shack
    4. Blue Class B
    5. Return at 8 pm
    6. $39 per person + dinner $
    7. Need permission slips and drivers
  6. Court of Honor: Lakeside park
    1. Aug 15
    2. Hot dogs and hamburgers, Joey Casalle, 6:00 cooks: see last plc for menu
    3. 6:30 pm
  7. September Camp out:
    1. Jacks Cabin
    2. 16 – 18
    3. Jack to coordinate
    4. Need activities (5 mile hike / orienteering, and cooking merit badge planning)
    5. Peggy to schedule the trail cooking meeting for cooking merit badge before the camp
    6. Menu to be worked out next plc
    7. Permission slips (due Sept. 5th) and drivers needed need to guestimate cost for food.($30) and cover the dinner on Friday
  8. Klondike Derby 2018:
    1. Need separate planning starting in Sept. 10, 6:15 at Bethlehem.
    2. Action Item: Sean to contact the activity coordinator ahead of the 10th.  Ask for last years budget too.
    3. Will we serve food as the home troop? We bring soup, specify troops to bring sandwichs.
  9. New Business
    1. Family life merit badge – restart. Work with Maggie to restart.
  10. Adjourned: 7:54
Committee

Troop Council July 11, 2017 Meeting Minutes

Date of meeting:      July 11, 2017

Attendance:  Sean Flaherty, Jenny Schoolman, Mark Schoolman, Joe Reding, Beth Twohy, Steve Peleski, Peggy Franklin,  Cynthia Pitulla, Amy Peterson, Kristen Newton

 

Next Meeting:  August 8, 2017

 

  1. Meeting started at: 7:18
  2. Treasurers report:
    1. $2,248 not allocated at present time.
    2. $141 remaining in the Glacier budget. Need to wait until the next bank statement for finally tally.  Stacy’s cabin has not submitted receipts yet.  $162 for Tomahawk segments and other activities.
    3. Motion by Joe Reding: Recommend to get two more debit cards,  $1000 per day limit for Bradley Peterson and Beth Twohy to enable camping reservations and other troop purchases
      1. Seconded by Sean Flaherty
      2. Unanimously approved
    4. Tomahawk planning:
      1. Need to confirm ATV waivers for scouts planning on doing that activities. Andy Edwards, Soren Peterson, and Joey Delisle are still needed but plans are in place to bring by the time we leave.
      2. Action item – Ask Paul Vlasek to bring 2 dozen eggs for cake making on Friday’s court of honor. – Sean to email him.
      3. Friday court of honor to be Tomahawk segments only. Merit badges on Aug 1.
      4. We will be able to release the two parents just driving up on Sat, 15th . Sean to review with Jenny and email parents if this will hold up.
      5. Joe will manage the registration / check-in at camp.
    5. Merit badge Councilors: Needing to grow our merit badge councilor list.
      1. Action Item: Have Chris Nubern send out information to parents for how to sign up including keeping the committee chair informed so we have an accurate list.  Focus on eagle required.
    6. Second Sunday supper: Sean to email list to David Walters and Beth Twohy and Steve Peleski so it can be published in the totempole and reminders sent to scouts and parents prior to the next meeting.
      1. Action item: publish in these minutes too.  See below
    7. Klondike Derby: Should we host on Jan 27th, 2018?  Pose this question at the next PLC (strongly suggest we do host it, since we won last year).  We already have a cabin rented at Fred C. Andersen
    8. New Business
      1. Totempole – Sean to send template to Beth. David to create new list to manage from Chris’s latest email, and send a file to all on the list and ask for edits
      2. New committee members instructions:
        1. Activities coordinator – setting up the movie night with Valle High drive in. And Wild Mountain.
        2. Permission slip coordinator – Sean to send templates to Kristen so Valley High and wild mountain can be set up and sent out. Coordination with Amy for details needed.
      3. Jay Twohy and Joey Delisle completed Grey Wolf and will be credited $125 to their camp fund.
      4. Sea Base Plan – David to organize for next summer. Start communicating the ideas this summer / Fall.
    9. Adjourned: 8:12