Date of meeting: July 11, 2017
Attendance: Sean Flaherty, Jenny Schoolman, Mark Schoolman, Joe Reding, Beth Twohy, Steve Peleski, Peggy Franklin, Cynthia Pitulla, Amy Peterson, Kristen Newton
Next Meeting: August 8, 2017
- Meeting started at: 7:18
- Treasurers report:
- $2,248 not allocated at present time.
- $141 remaining in the Glacier budget. Need to wait until the next bank statement for finally tally. Stacy’s cabin has not submitted receipts yet. $162 for Tomahawk segments and other activities.
- Motion by Joe Reding: Recommend to get two more debit cards, $1000 per day limit for Bradley Peterson and Beth Twohy to enable camping reservations and other troop purchases
- Seconded by Sean Flaherty
- Unanimously approved
- Tomahawk planning:
- Need to confirm ATV waivers for scouts planning on doing that activities. Andy Edwards, Soren Peterson, and Joey Delisle are still needed but plans are in place to bring by the time we leave.
- Action item – Ask Paul Vlasek to bring 2 dozen eggs for cake making on Friday’s court of honor. – Sean to email him.
- Friday court of honor to be Tomahawk segments only. Merit badges on Aug 1.
- We will be able to release the two parents just driving up on Sat, 15th . Sean to review with Jenny and email parents if this will hold up.
- Joe will manage the registration / check-in at camp.
- Merit badge Councilors: Needing to grow our merit badge councilor list.
- Action Item: Have Chris Nubern send out information to parents for how to sign up including keeping the committee chair informed so we have an accurate list. Focus on eagle required.
- Second Sunday supper: Sean to email list to David Walters and Beth Twohy and Steve Peleski so it can be published in the totempole and reminders sent to scouts and parents prior to the next meeting.
- Action item: publish in these minutes too. See below
- Klondike Derby: Should we host on Jan 27th, 2018? Pose this question at the next PLC (strongly suggest we do host it, since we won last year). We already have a cabin rented at Fred C. Andersen
- New Business
- Totempole – Sean to send template to Beth. David to create new list to manage from Chris’s latest email, and send a file to all on the list and ask for edits
- New committee members instructions:
- Activities coordinator – setting up the movie night with Valle High drive in. And Wild Mountain.
- Permission slip coordinator – Sean to send templates to Kristen so Valley High and wild mountain can be set up and sent out. Coordination with Amy for details needed.
- Jay Twohy and Joey Delisle completed Grey Wolf and will be credited $125 to their camp fund.
- Sea Base Plan – David to organize for next summer. Start communicating the ideas this summer / Fall.
- Adjourned: 8:12